Sunday, March 5, 2017

My Private Thoughts from my Personal Diary

11-29-2016 Taken from my personal Diary:

Yesterday, I read about the American Journalist Dorothy Celene Thompson. She was a foreign correspondent stationed in Germany during Hitler's reign and interviewed him early-on in 1931. She mistakenly dismissed Hitler as an "insignificant" man. It wasn't until 1935 that she realized her mistake and sounded an alarm for all Americans to hear.

She wrote, ""No people ever recognize their dictator in advance. He never stands for election on the platform of dictatorship. He always represents himself as the instrument [of] the Incorporated National Will of the people. … When our dictator turns up you can depend on it that he will be one of the boys, and he will stand for everything traditionally American."

We have elected a new POTUS named Donald J. Trump. Where do I begin to discuss the fear and foreboding I feel within my mind and soul about this man? Long before and after I am gone, my beloved children and Grandchildren will have suffered, along with the rest of the world, this grossly unqualified, poor choice of an egotistical and blustering Presidential candidate. The masses deluded, believing that they have elected a new President, but actually have empowered a new dictator. America will have to live with this megalomaniac for the next 4 years and the unbearable consequences he will impose on my children, all American citizens and the world. His presidency will shake the foundations of Democracy. America is not prepared to handle his brand of calamitous politics and the disastrous change and ruin, that we have yet to begin experiencing.

It will start with shutting down the media and limiting media coverage and all manner of communication, filling the airwaves and television with lies and punishing anyone who dares to point it out. This is how all dictators begin. 

Who will be there to stop him?

*************************************************************
I sit here this morning sipping my cup of coffee, at my beloved "Grandpoppy's" brown desk looking out the window, hearing the disturbed voices discussing our "Twitter-in-Chief's" latest alarming tweet from yesterday on the television. I opened my Diary(the one with the map of the world depicted on the cover) and began reading my hand-written entry prior to Trump's Inauguration. 

It was the forgotten long ago warning, from a long ago yesterday, written by the "First Lady of American Journalism", back in 1935 about America's future dictator that still shakes me. A man who assumes absolute power with dutiful minions declaring that the President will not be questioned! In WWII, America and it's allies rescued the world before Hitler could destroy it. 

Who will rescue us?     


No comments:

Post a Comment