Tuesday, April 25, 2017

YOU matter!


Good Evening! I'm sorry, I've been absent from making submissions to my blog for several days.  I've needed the time to myself.

When I considered starting my blog, I discussed it with my husband. I told him that I didn't want to write anything... unless, I felt passionately about the subject.

I have always loved books and the palpable experience of the tactile sense of holding a book in my hands and turning its pages. I enjoy rubbing the pages with my fingertips and making "dog-ears", when I come to the spot where I mark the temporary end of reading. I have always been in love with the written word. My mind feasts upon all the printed thoughts recorded in the author's written words, that illuminate our shared worlds. That eternal conversation between men, of the human experience. Sharing our different worlds on paper, through the old-fashioned medium of books, magazines, periodicals of sorts and academic journals. All written words, birthed from the inner core of our brains, though sometimes beheld at an arm's length from us, in more ways than one.

When I was a girl, books were my refuge. I read as many books, as I had the opportunity. The stories created and lived by other people, those machinations, whether real or fiction, were my salvation. I often wanted to live inside some of those stories, because they took me away, to another time and place for a little while; they were my escape.

So I am sure you are asking, "What has all this drivel got to do with anything?"

It is everything, in summary.

Have you ever considered joining Ancestry.com and getting your DNA tested? Why would you want to know about where you come from? Why do so many of us want to find our family roots? Why is the connection to our dead ancestors, important to us? Why do we want to know who we are? Are we searching for the meaning of WHOSE we are? Are we searching for answers to find out our purpose for being here? Why do we need to find out how we fit in this world? Why do we wonder, "What is my destiny?"

There are only a few things that I know.

I know YOU matter! I know we must first believe in ourselves and that the meaning of our lives start, by believing that we matter in this world. For better or for worse.  I watched Anderson Cooper interview Gov. John Kasich yesterday. Gov. Kasich said something really important, he said that there is a Jewish Holocaust Remembrance Memorial inscribed, "If I change one life...perhaps, I have changed the world." Believe YOU make a difference in this world, because you are here!

Those words resonated profoundly inside my heart. So...tonight, before I close my eyes to sleep, I will be praying for G-d, to either make me... or my meatloaf, better. I hope he picks me.

                                           "Good Night and Sweet Dreams!"



No comments:

Post a Comment