Thursday, April 27, 2017

Trump's War...The Road To Perdition

It is a Thursday evening, Max and Millie and me are setting out on our nightly journey. Glorious twilight has begun to yield her rich blaze of color, to the "dark, sacred night", in the words of one of G-d's most creatively anointed musical messengers, in the genre of Jazz.

I find myself considering G-d's handiwork with perpetually renewed awe, as Max and Millie guide our path from a four-legged point of reference, on to their favored doggy depositories. Our puppies tend to be a little persnickety. They carefully choose and address all manner of indigenous flora and fungi in the neighborhood, before bedtime. It allows me to drink in the panoramic vision all around me. It feels slightly overwhelming to comprehend all of G-d's magnificent portrait's of nature. The magnificent biota of nature created to thrive on this planet, in this one place, everywhere around me. When me and the puppies returned home, I turned on our television, at that moment CNN reported:

BREAKING NEWS:
“There is a chance that we could end up having a major, major conflict with North Korea. Absolutely,” Trump said in an interview with Reuters.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************
I remember an old spiritual hymn our church sang when I was young, the chorus section said, "... and there is no night there".

Maybe, tomorrow night... I will linger a little longer with Max and Millie to dance in the ocean's foam and revel in the great beauty of twilight, before it's gone forever.  Before we are purged from our place in the sun.     




No comments:

Post a Comment