Monday, September 25, 2017

Dark Sacred Nights...

Good morning! We woke up this morning to the news on MSNBC, saying that Kim Jong Un has issued a statement claiming that America has made a declaration of war against North Korea.

What happens now? This may be the last time I will post any comments, because our future looks bleak, in anticipation of the winds of war starting WWIII, with no cooler heads prevailing to intercede, stopping the insanity.

Years ago, when I was diagnosed with cancer, I was forced to think about how my life would end. I had to make some conscious decisions about what I wanted...if I didn't survive. I had to make my wishes known to my family, about how I wanted to face the end. That was a hard time. All people who are faced with their mortality, in the time of a very clear and present danger, are forced to deal with the mental, physical, spiritual and emotional substance of their existence.

For me, it was something like a dress rehearsal for meeting G-d. After a few days of quiet introspection, I decided...with G-d's help, I was going to do all that I could, to survive my diagnosis. The path to healing, was a long treacherous journey. I find myself grateful for the journey, because I am still here.

What I came to learn and intrinsically understand, was that there had to be a reason beyond existence, that I survived. It wasn't my time to return to G-d...just yet.

I know not G-d's purpose for my life, but I trust HE knows and that is enough for me. So...in the coming days and hours of perilous times, ahead of my countrymen and my nation, I steadfastly encourage prayer for peace. I advocate to all that there is more good, than evil, in this world. We must take hold of each others hands and pray for our peacemakers and peace... if the world is to continue to survive.

I think of Louis Armstrong singing...



No comments:

Post a Comment