Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Children Of Hiroshima Remember And Beg For Peace

Good evening! It has been a cooler day with temperatures below the highs of last week. Grandpoppy and I have been shopping today at Grandpoppy's favorite man store. I think he would cry and lay a wreath of flowers at the doors of Fry's Electronics store entrance, if they ever went out of business. There have been times, when I was pretty sure the only way I could get his attention, was if I hung a keyboard around my neck and tied a 24" HP monitor around my waist.

I cannot express how frightening and deeply disturbed, I felt when I heard U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley's speech to the U.N. Security Council's emergency meeting today. She boasted with unmitigated hubris, that North Korea's Kim Jong Un is "begging for war". I find that a dubious claim, because I cannot imagine leaders of any country, "begging for war!"  It appears that Pres. Trump has made up his mind and America is on a dangerous trajectory, determined to wage war, regardless of the costs or consequences.

A few hours later, I watched CNN and the short segment spotlighting 2 young children on August 6th., 1945, who survived it. The first featured survivor was an elderly woman who passionately expressed her fears and hard earned wisdom with advice for the world and specifically for Pres. Trump, through a Japanese translator. She tearfully begged Pres. Trump to stop now and seek a peaceful way, to pursue his goals. The second survivor was an elderly gentleman, who implored Pres. Trump to resist the pugilistic temptation to strike the first crushing blow ahead of a succession of many blows from both sides of the fight.  The surviving old man pleaded for mature restraint in an attempt to assuage nuclear war, with skilled diplomacy to North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un.

I listened with goose bumps popping up on my forearms and the rare and unusual experience of a cold chill that coursed through my body. The last time I remember feeling such a dramatic cold chill like that, was when my heart was stopping due to an adverse reaction from a new chemotherapy drug injected into my I.V. port, in the hospital oncology unit.

Having survived cancer was the proverbial double-edged sword. Cancer was a valuable learning experience, that forced my own private spiritual growth, not to be confused with religious growth. Those are 2 different things.

I have learned many life lessons, through those profoundly soul-stretching days and soul-sagging hours. Cancer was devastating. The days were long and the days were hard. I learned to take those days of my hardest struggle, one hour at a time! There were so many lessons during that time that I can honestly say now, that I am grateful for. One really important lesson, came through that near deadly experience. My lesson in that moment, was that sometimes the body's natural reaction to something is the brain's true internal "smoke detector", warning us of imminent danger, if we but listen and trust ourselves to hear the message.

The days ahead of us, promise to try our souls. I would encourage the belief that we are given the freedom to choose our paths, but the spiritual essence living inside of us, rest in the palms of G-d's faithful hands. Our lives are precious to HIM, it is written in scripture that HE has written our names in the palms of his hands.

Isaiah 49:16 KJV

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

It means that HE cannot forget us, no matter what walls we put up between ourselves and G-d or how high we build those walls between us. G-d is telling us that we are always in his thoughts and that while we may be able to get away from HIM; HE, cannot get away from us, because he keeps us always near HIM, written in HIS palms.

We are not forgotten.



                                            "Shalom!" and "Good Night!"

                                                     "Boner Appertite!"



                                                          Psalm 23  KJV

The LORD Is My Shepherd

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2  He maketh me to lie down in green [1]pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest [2] my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment